All-American Mixed-Berry Cheesecake
This delicious, easy and beautiful dessert, is perfect for those special cookout occasions. The creamy cheesecake filling contrasts beautifully against the zingy glazed berry topping. With the colors, echoing the red, white and blue of the American flag, this is a truly patriotic, and fitting dessert for those special holiday celebrations.
Prep Time: 30 min
Chill Time: 5 hrs.
Total Time: 5 hrs. 30 min
Makes: 8 servings
For the Crust:
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup salted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar
¾ tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the Mixed Berry Topping:
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar or icing sugar
To Garnish (optional):
Fresh mint sprigs
- Put the bowl of your stand mixer and beaters into the freezer for 20 minutes before beating the heavy cream.
To Make the Crust:
- Using a fork, pour in the melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs, and mix, until the mixture forms into a sandy texture.
- Using your fingers, press down the mixture onto the bottom of a round 8-inch springform pan, and when level, chill in the refrigerator.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer, and using your stand mixer, beat the cream until it forms thick, stiff peaks. Set aside for now.
- In a separate medium bowl beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and icing sugar.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Combine well.
- Remove the crust from the fridge, pour the cheesecake filling on top of it, and cover with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or better still, overnight.
To Make the Mixed Berry Topping:
- Place the fresh raspberries and blueberries on to the cheesecake filling, just prior to serving.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar through a fine-mesh sieve (optional) and serve!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Total Calories: 402 kcal. Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 35 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 23 g), Fat 28 g (Saturated Fat 16 g, Monounsaturated Fat 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g), Potassium 81 mg, Sodium 243 mg, Cholesterol 85 mg.