Classic Potato Salad
This Classic Potato Salad is made in a time-honored way like grandma used to make! It features eggs, relish, green onions, and celery, and makes a perfect addition to your cookout.
Prep Time: 45 min.
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr.
Makes: 8 servings
5 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced into 2-inch thick cubes
3 organic or free-range eggs
½ cup white onion, peeled and finely chopped
½ cup prepared sweet pickle relish
1 cup celery, finely chopped
¼ cup full-fat mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. celery salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
Fine sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, and then add the diced potatoes.
- Cook until tender, about 12 – 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place the 3 eggs in a pan, and cover with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil, and then place a lid onto the pan.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the hot water, and leave to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and chop into pieces, as large or as small as you like.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped celery, relish, eggs, celery, onion, garlic powder, celery salt, Dijon mustard, white pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Mix well, and refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Serve whenever you’re ready.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Total Calories: 206 kcal. Carbohydrates 30.5 g, Protein 5.5 g, Fat 7.6 g, Sodium 335 mg, Cholesterol 72 mg.