Grilled Garlic and Herb Chicken
These succulent boneless chicken breasts are marinated in garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs, and vinegar, and then grilled to perfection. They have a lovely herbaceous flavor from the fresh herbs and added zest from the balsamic vinegar. An excellent BBQ staple.
Prep Time: 2 hrs. 10 min
Cook Time: 7 min.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 7 min
Makes: 6 servings
1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ good quality balsamic vinegar
1½ tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1½ tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1½ tsp. fresh thyme (leaves only) finely chopped
1 tsp. dried sage
Coarse sea salt, to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a hand-held blender or food processor, combine the thyme, sage, rosemary and parsley, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season this marinade with and salt and pepper to taste, and blend together into a smooth paste.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass dish, and pour the marinade over them.
- Cover the dish with a silicone lid and refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hours or if you have the time for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your charcoal or electric grill to medium-high heat. Set up the grill to have both direct and indirect heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and grill for about 6 – 7 minutes per side.
- When cooked the chicken should read 165F on an instant meat thermometer, and should no longer be pink inside.
- Serve with a green salad or as part of your BBQ and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Total Calories: 221 kcal. Protein 26.5 g, Carbohydrates 3.8 g, Fat 10.5 g, Sodium 80 mg, Cholesterol 66 mg.