Almost all top-selling, mid-range electric digital smoker models manufactured in the past few years, have come from one of America’s leading brands – Masterbuilt.
These Masterbuilt electric smoker units have a superior design, and yet are affordable and easy to use, making it difficult to improve upon perfection! There are little to no downsides to owning one of these electric digital smokers, especially the Masterbuilt 20078715 model.
Masterbuilt electric smoker is highly capable in all aspects of electric smoking and grilling. Besides a generous 721 inches of grilling space, it also features four removable cooking racks, a convenient front digital controller, powerful 800-watt heating element, and convenient side loading system, among many other desirable features.
It is one of the best electric digital smoker units in the market for beginner grill masters who are just starting out in the world of smoking. What’s more, it is fairly easy to use and is packed with unique features that make it stand head and shoulders above similarly priced units available in the market.
Let’s take a closer look with the smoker review Masterbuilt 20078715, to understand just why this smoker is so popular with barbecue enthusiasts today.
Features That Make the MASTERBUILT 20078715 Stand Out
This digital electric smoker can smoke everything from beef, fish, pork, bacon, vegetables, turkey, mutton and all food in between. It has a shorter cooking time than its competitors due to the powerful 800-watt heating element that powers its operation.
The ample 720 square inches of cooking space combined with removable four-tier chrome-coated racks can allow you to smoke as many as 12 chickens per cook cycle – pretty sweet for this affordable and well-built smoker with durable parts. This capacity means that the unit can handle barbecue productions big enough for a medium family gathering or, just as easily, for a barbecue competition or tailgating event. Also, the removable and open cooking racks allow for the efficient distribution of smoke inside the smoke chamber, resulting in a flavorful and quality result.
At the top of the smoker lies an LED display that houses the control panel, which shows information on the smoker, as well as a door with a front-facing window, which allows you to quickly check on the progress of the smoked products on the cooking racks. The digital controller on the panel helps to control temperature, internal light, and smoke times, as well as monitor meat temperatures.
Next to the display there’s the ON/OFF button that powers up the unit and a top air damper and remote-controlled, push-button digital temperature and time control panel that allows for adequate temperature control. This 30 inch smoker has a thermostat temperature range of 100 to 270 degrees F, perfect for both cold and medium-hot smoking, and a built-in meat temperature probe that you can use should you need to check on the progress of the smoked meats.
There is also the option to add BBQ wood chips to the smoker should you need to, without opening the lid or door. This side-loading system is vital to maintaining the inner temperature of the smoke chamber and avoids you compromising on the smoky flavor of the food.
A frequent issue with most smokers is that the heat and smoke generated in the smoker are often subject to leaks. Most cheaply-made smokers are badly insulated, which unfortunately leads to the loss of the excellent smoky flavor developed in the food. The Masterbuilt 20078715 doesn’t suffer this problem; it consists of a stainless steel body with added insulation to the sides and on the front door to ensure the ultimate heat and smoke retention.
If you’ve ever had to clean an electric smoker you’d know that it isn’t a walk in the park, but still this Masterbuilt smoker is easier to clean and maintain than many models in the market. The unit comes with a removable drip pan, which makes the messy post-grilling cleanup process a breeze. Just remove the drip pan, wipe off the accumulated grease and wash in hot, soapy water before returning it to the smoker.
THE Masterbuilt 20078715 – SPECS
- Weight: 49.9 lbs.
- Size: 30 inches
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.5 x 33 inches
- Color: stainless steel
- Temperature Range: 100 – 270 degrees Fahrenheit
- 800-watt heating element
- 720 square inches of interior cooking space
- Four chrome-coated removable cooking racks
- Built-in viewing window with internal light
- Remote control with time and temperature monitoring
- Side-loading wood chip tray
- Top air damper
- Removable drip pan
- Smokes up to 80 pounds of food per cook cycle
- One of the best build qualities in its class – durable and sturdy
- Leak-proof construction
- Fairly easy to use
- Produces top-quality, flavorful smoked foods
- Choose between black and stainless steel finishes
- compatible with different types of wood chips
- Great temperature and smoke control capabilities
- Side loading wood chip system to enable the adding of wood chips without opening the door
- Built-in viewing window and internal lights, which you can use to quickly check on the progress of the smoke
- Long service life
- Excellent customer service available via email or on the company website
- Limited 90-day warranty
- This smoker does not have wheels for quick mobility and maneuverability
- Some users have experienced accuracy problems with the smoker’s temperature displays and heating element
- The bark on the smoked foods may not be as pronounced and tasty as those produced by charcoal or pellet smokers