Fish (flexoffers) smoking is quick and easy; it hardly takes any time! This Smoked Whitefish Filet recipe is bound to become a family favorite, and you’ll soon be making it using your electric smoker more often than you think!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
4 white fish fillets
4 tsp. olive oil
1 whole un-waxed lemon
Coarse sea salt, as required
Freshly cracked black pepper, as needed
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the white fish filets well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Rest the fish filets for approximately 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Sprinkle the fresh parsley all over the fish filets, and then slice the lemon into thin slices. Place these slices over the fish filets.
- Brush the fish filets liberally with olive oil.
- Smoke the fish filets at 225 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the fish should measure 145 degrees Fahrenheit when done.
- Enjoy warm with a crisp side salad, and a glass of white wine.