Watermelon-Mint Iced Tea
Full of natural, fruity goodness, and with no added sugars and zesty fresh mint, this Water Melon-Mint Iced Tea is a refreshing and healthy addition to your cookout menu, and perfect for adults and kids alike. For an alcoholic version, simply add white rum or vodka. This recipe can also be doubled or tripled, depending on the number of guests, you’re expecting.
Prep Time: 40 min
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
8 cups chopped sweet watermelon, peeled and seeds discarded
4 peppermint herbal tea bags
3 black tea bags
2 tbsp. real honey
½ cup fresh mint leaves
Fresh mint sprigs
- In a blender, puree the watermelon flesh in batches until smooth.
- Strain using a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
- Cover with cling film wrap, and chill in the fridge until you are ready to mix it.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove top.
- Remove from the heat, add the honey peppermint tea bags and black tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the fresh whole mint leaves, cover again with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- After an hour, remove from the fridge, discard the mint leaves and tea bags, and add the tea to the watermelon puree.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses, garnished with mint fresh sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Total Calories: 123 kcal. Carbohydrates 33 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 27 g), Protein 2 g, Sodium 3 mg, Cholesterol 0 mg.